Sunday 15 February 2009

Random Musings - Day #46

Bristol
I went for a day trip up to Bristol. I was going to say I've not been there for 10 years. But strictly speaking, that's not true, I was just north of Bristol (near Patchway) for work a couple of months ago. Anyways I didn't get to the city centre that time around. This time around I did, a lot has changed, it looks a lot more built up. However, Valentine's bridge was closed. That tells me something!

Perfect... Floors...
Anyhow, I did see a number of interesting things. The perfect push-up is basically a pair of rotating push-up stands that look like those suction cups used to climb buildings or the ouside of spaceships. Not sure what is so perfect about it. That said there is another item, pushup pro and here's a video comparison
Another item of curiosity is the floor guard. They provide perfect protection for floors. Heck let's just replace my floor with the stuff. ;)

"What about these shoes, I say?"
These shoes he said is almost like something being said...
MBT Anti-shoes look like weeble shoes to me. However, they apparently naturally help with balance and posture. Talking of feet, I feel ankles can be weak especially if you are exerting a lot of pressure on them (most sports do). So I wondered what a good ankle exercise would be to strengthen them and also prevent sprains. It turns the answer is a balance board. They come in two types, rocking and wobble.

Disconnect/Reconnect Wireless
I've noticed a problem with an Acer laptop connecting up to the Sky broadband and noticed it keeps disconnecting and disconnecting. I've looked at forums and the solutions provided don't work (e.g. turn off upnp). It appeared that setting the "Power saving mode" to maximum performance (presumably boosting the power) for the wireless adapter did the trick for the laptop.

UK Singles Chart
No real change as Lily Allen stays at #1 for a third week with "The fear". Lady Gaga holds on to #2 and Alesha Dixon climbs into the #3 slot with "Breathe".

No comments: