Tuesday 3 February 2009

Random Musings - Day #34

A second day of chaos in the UK with the snow moving up north. But the crazy thing is that transport was still affected here down south. I couldn't get to work because no trains were running my station. Furthermore, the bus that would have got me to the nearest stop was suspended as well. I had to beg for a lift in. The Southeastern trains equally looks like that's taking a hit!

Champion of champions
I was wondering who has won the most titles in any sport. Now there would be restrictions, e.g. some sport's championship occur annually (e.g. snooker, darts..) some sport's occur when they feel like it (e.g. boxing, wrestling..)
Well so far I've come up with 13-times champion jockey Tony McCoy who is currently a couple of winners from a career total of 3000. But he is bettered by 14-times world darts champion Phil Taylor.

Football
Following up on previous posts, Frank Lampard won his appeal over the red card that he did not deserve in the first place. Robbie Keane has found a new home at Spurs (again).

Dance Sites
A few more dance sites and blog that I've been looking at. I've been having a quick chuckle at DJ Ron's Dancemusic blog, which today featured 'I saw Beyonce at Burger King' as his song of the day. Kind of reminds me of Eninem. Also a delft of songs snippets can be found at the listen.com blog
A couple of decent dance sites, which covers news, reviews and events are mixmag and Resident Advisor. At let's not forget the legendary Pete Tong.

No comments: